Monday, August 14, 2006

It must be my lucky day


I just got this in my inbox,

COCA-COLA ONLINE PROMOTIONS!!!

THE COCA COLA COMPANY Hong Kong office is Giving Away 1 cars For "FREE"!! And cash bonus of $800,000.00
The Company is trying e-mail to e-mail advertising to introduce its products.
The reward you received for advertising for them is a Mercedes-Benz, ML class jeep convertible free of cost! Including cash prize of $800,000,00


To receive your free car all you need to do is send us your
1. Full name
2. Address / contact number
3. Country of origin
4. Occupation
5. Email.

Within 1 month you will receive a free car. a draw has just been concluded in Hong Kong last weekend
(we contacted you via your email address).

You must send your contact information to,
azamini@excite.com or cocacolahongkong@fatearn.com

Kind Regards,

Sandy Robert
Sales /Marketing Manager
coca cola Asia
Hong Kong

Well, well, well, aren't I the lucky one. And to think I don't even drink Coca Cola. I guess that's one shopping decision I should think about changing. Do you think that I should also send them my social security number as well in order to avoid any difficulties with the tax authorities? LOL.

Here's my reply

"Mr Ioannnis Florakos

Deputy Director
The Economic Crime Unit (northern Greece)
Vasilisis Olgas St 188
0030 2310 403170

We will be getting in touch very soon."

7 comments:

Theodora Papapanagiotou said...

You know this is actually called "phishing". I got an e-mail from Forthnet today about messages like that and that we shouldn't give away personal details through e-mails.
http://www.forthnet.gr/templates/viewcontentTmCh.aspx?c=10009053

teacher dude said...

So, when do I get my $800,00? LOL

Anonymous said...

I gave them my info and a week later, I received a car with a cash bonus. Crazy.

Anonymous said...

huh.. i just got the same email. so should I reply?

teacher dude said...

No way! It's just an ID scam. Just take a look at the the email addresses and you can see it's not official.

Anonymous said...

I also got the same email. How many free cars do they have?

teacher dude said...

I'd say somewhere between nil and nada.