Friday, February 05, 2010

The kindness of strangers

At the beginning of this week I had all my camera equipment stolen, an event which tore a hole in my world. It brought back to me all the other things I have lost recently; parent, friends and other things I will not bore you with. All the things I have been trying hard not to think about. It was more than just about the loss of stuff and so touched me on a much deeper level than I thought I could handle.

Yet from the very beginning I have been innundated with offers of help and support from so many sources, even from people I have not had the chance to meet yet. It has been a wonderful experience which I find difficult to write about as I don't know quite how to express my gratitude without resorting to the standard cliches which are simply not to the task of sharing what I feel.

In the absence of a more elegant option let me once again say how thankful I am for all your help.

1 comment:

Greg Dimitriadis said...

I hope things turn out well for you!