Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Camera updates

As promised I thought I'd let everyone know what has been happening on the camera front. Last week I tipped out my tip jar (which totalled 550 euros and after deducting transfer fees and a tips for the site I was left with just over 500 euros which I sent to my friend, Eleni's bank account. Since I still don't have a passport to replace the one stolen I have no way of retrieving money from my own account.

In the next few days I will use that money along with my own to buy a replacement for the D80 Nikon which I lost. I have come to the conclusion that the best camera would be a Nikon D90. If anyone has any ideas about where I could get one at a reasonable price please let me know.

In addition D H Morton has also given me one of his cameras along with memory cards and a manual. As you can imagine I'm like a kid on Christmas day. It's just the kind of compact camera that I need for situations when having a big DSLR hanging round your neck can be a liability.

As anyone who follows this blog knows the coming months are going to see a lot of upheavals in Greece and hopefully I will be able to record them and give the kind of background to what is happening that a lot of the international media is unable or unwilling to.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Gosh, I'm so behind on my reading. I've only just learned about you having been robbed. I'm so sorry to hear the news. It's wonderful that your readers were able to pull together to help.

Wishing for better days ahead!