Saturday, October 06, 2007

Berkley university lectures



Now this is what the internet should all be about; getting knowledge out of the classroom/lecture hall and into wider circulation. Berkley university has announced that it is putting hundreds of its lectures on YouTube (click here). As a language teacher it means that I can find materials which my students in my classes may find relevant to their own studies, but in English (most of the students at the language school are studying at university). Alternatively, other lectures such as those on non-violence allow them to see the lecture format in another language and can be used to promote note taking skills with are vital in exams such as the Michigan ECPE and TOEFL.

Thanks to Diagoras for putting me onto this.

2 comments:

me said...

i didn t know about that.thanks for the information.it was really useful

teacher dude said...

I'm glad you liked it. BTW I loved your blog.