Thursday, July 13, 2006

Feeding the mind


The one good thing about doing nothing is that it allows you to do all kinds of interesting stuff such as reading books you might never have read otherwise. One of the books I aim to read, if I can find it here, is The Joy of Laziness. Although I haven't managed to get my hands on it yet, I have been keeping in practice with some light laziness over the last month, including ;

The World is Flat by Thomas L. Friedman
(but you know that already, don't you).
Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner
Tourism by Nirpal Singh Dhaliwal
Little Children by Tom Perrotta
Neuromancer by William Gibson
A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs

Actually, the last two were audio books so, I guess that's not reading per se. Next on my list is The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. I'd forgotten how well-written it was.

Also, on a less high-brow note, I've been making my way through the Firefly box set, which is a 360 degree geekorama. Really great fun.

No comments: