Thursday, July 06, 2006

Back in Greece

I'm now back in Greece and back on my verrry sloooowwww dial-up connection. It's a little bit like handing in the keys to your sports car and being given a bus pass in return. Still, gripes aside, I'm signing up for a ADSL line sometime in the next week. When they'll get round to hooking me up is another thing.

Ironically, I left England in 32c heatwave only to arrive in a stormy, cool Greece where the temperature was just 20c. Now there is a strange reversal.


When I get organised I'll start on my Listening and Speaking course for CPE level in the next few days (I'll do it as a Wikispace page). As soon as I feel like doing some typing. I guess blogging is like exercise, the longer you leave it, the harder it is to get started again.

On the other hand I have an interview for a new private lesson today, so that means I should be working soon and so get back into a more productive routine.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to sunny Greece!

blog-efl said...

Hi teacherdude. Thanks for stopping by my blog - lots of really interesting resources here - I'm sure I'll be coming back here often. Keep up the great work.

Kassandra said...

Yeah welcome back to England... ahem Greece, though yes it's easy to confuse the two at the moment.
What high speed are you going for (insert q.m. here - I've messed up my keyboard setting somehow and can't get one) If you haven't chosen already, I'd highly recommend Vivodi if they have lines in your area. I think they're the only ones that don't go through OTE net and thus MUCH cheaper, and so far pretty reliable! Haven't experienced their helpline yet tho...

melusina said...

Welcome back!

Good luck on the new ADSL.

Theodora Papapanagiotou said...

Hey, I was wondering were yoy were! Welcome back! I'm looking forward to the CPE stuff! I've got a student next year doing the exam! It's so great to let others do the work!!! I'm just kidding!
Take care

teacher dude said...

Wow!!! What a warm welcome back. Thank you everyone.

As far as the ADSL is concerned, I'll ask today. BTW thanks for the tip, Kassandra.

Dora - I've got a lot of audio books (at least 15, I think) plus loads of regular ones. So, if you want anything, just ask.