Monday, June 19, 2006

YouTube


Just when you think that you have discovered everything you can about teaching EFL and the internet, you come across something that makes you think that you haven't even begun to scratch the surface as far as the possibilities of web 2.0 tools are concerned.

I've just discovered YouTube and the possibilities are endless. The videos are just so cool and utterly guileless in many respects. the first set of videos to catch my eye were on Daily English Show, produced by Sarah in Japan which features recipes. This could quite happily be written and produced by my students with Greek recipes. The potential for teaching is so huge.

Also check out Blog-EFL for some really great ideas.

2 comments:

Sean said...

You might be interested in the post I wrote in April titled: You Tube and ESL.

teacher dude said...

Thanks for the link. I remember reading the post and thinking that I have to get broadband at all costs.