Monday, June 05, 2006

Course outline

Over the next week or so I'm going to try and organise some of the ideas I've had on this blog into a more coherent form. What form these ideas will take and in which way I am going to put them on the internet, I haven't decided yet. The basic idea is that I want to design a 10 - week, ten - hour or so introduction to web 2.0 (and not only) tools which can be used with upper intermediate and advanced EFL/ESL students with limited technical knowledge. It could also be tweaked in order to introduce teachers as well to such concepts.

The ideas are already sprinkled about my blog in a haphazard fashion, so what I want to do is pull them together, give more teaching guidance and publish them in something like Wiki. I'll let you know more details when I have things clearer in my own mind (it's still in the scribbled notes stage).

The aim is to provide hands on introduction to;

basic internet (email, IM, safety issues)
file manipulation (i.e finding, storing and moving files on and off a PC)
blogging
podcasts (finding, using and creating ones)
Skype (An introduction to the main ideas and skypecasting)
Wikis (use, modification and creation)
digital video and photography using digital cameras and mobile phones

2 comments:

Frank said...

Sounds like a great idea. I hope you don't see me as a moocher when I write that I am looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

I'll second the "looking forward to seeing it" comment! You're always posting good ideas, and it'd be great to see a lot of them pulled together.