Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Nicolas Sarkozy: A life in pictures

Although French media have been quick to cast doubt on Nicolas Sarkozy's claims to have been present at the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 photographs have now emerged that definitively prove that the French leader has a Zelig like ability to be present at the 20th century's most important events.

Sarkozy and JFK

As a Fullbright student Sarkozy manages to find his way into high society during his stay in the United States during the early 60's. He becomes a regular feature in the Kennedy's compound in the years leading up to JFK's term in the White House.

Edward Teller, Ronald Reagan and Nicholas Sarkozy

Later, with Sarkozy's drift to the right his presence in the American capital comes to the attention of Ronald Reagan who is quick to mentor his young French admirer.

Sarkozy during the first Gulf war

As an ardent supporter of US foreign policy in the Middle East the future president of the French republic feels that his country's interests are best served by him taking a hands on approach to the invasion of Iraq and the overthrow of Saddam Hussein.

Sarko and France's world beating football squad

However, as his political career starts to wane in the early 90's Sarkozy decides to return to his first love, football as a result he is instrumental in helping the country's national team achieve international success during his brief stint as goalkeeper.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Hello! I am student from Argentina and I'm sitting for the FCE this December. But I have a doubt about this and maybe you could help me... In the Writing part, do we have to write in CAPITAL LETTERS? Or can we write in the kind of letters that we want? My teacher was not sure about it so I thought it'd be better if I asked by myself...
I hope you answer to me soon. Thanks!

(you can reply in my blog, or write to maria_bl_91@hotmail.com )