Monday, June 02, 2008

The Genius of Photography

My lessons have more or less finished and I'm getting my affairs in order before I go back to England for the next couple of months. I will be looking for work there as it is difficult to find any teaching jobs here during the summer. Anyway, I do have more time on my hands to see friends and remember what life is like without the constant stress of having to race around the city in order to earn a crust.

Also I have more time to search the internet for the stuff that interests me and I came across this excellent series of six programmes on photography by the BBC called the Genius of Photography.

"In the course of our 170 year relationship, photography has delighted us, served us, moved us, outraged us and occasionally disappointed us. But mainly, it has intrigued us by showing the secret strangeness that lies beneath the world of appearances. And that is photography's true genius."



If you want to see more of the series I would recommend you see it using a great application I found a couple of days ago, Veoh TV. You need to download it first and then it lets you watch streaming TV via the internet.

No comments: