Thursday, December 07, 2006

Teaching through doing

And that means doing things yourself. I asked my FCE class to produce their own music video last night, they're all crazy about music and often we use songs in class (their choice) as part of our listening practice. Now it's time to take it up a notch and get them to produce a video using images from the web. Hopefully, the activity will interest them enough to overcome the technical difficulties they will inevitably face.

As I keep on telling them, they have to learn this kind of stuff on their own as no one else, at least meaning their regular school teachers or parents, have the slightest clue. Unfortunately, as computer/internet access is limited at school, I can't really do much to help either. Still, I will post any effort they care to make.

In the meantime my latest effort.

No comments: