Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Rain, rain go away....

Swanning off

Maisie and Lydia

'

Well, true to form it rained like crazy on my first day in England. A month's rainfall in just 24 hours. Last year they had the worst flooding in decades. I swear the government will be deporting me soon if this keeps on.

Still, it's been an interesting 24 hours in country. So far I've seen two arrests, a major traffic accident and witnessed a guy saunter off with a load of copper piping nicked from a building undergoing restoration. Some people would say that I have a gift for attracting trouble.

Lydia, on the other hand is having the time of her life playing with her cousins, Maisie and Josh so she has not really noticed the appalling summer (how can they tell?)

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

more like a gift for noticing detail...not attracting trouble

Theodora Papapanagiotou said...

I thought you wanted to cool off a bit with the rain!!! You shouldn't be complaining - you didn't have the chance to get bored!!!

teacher dude said...

I hope you are all having a great time as well.

Anonymous said...

So funny to see Lydia with an umbrella !

Have a great time over there in Bristol. I must admit I am a bit jealous. I love that town... I can live without the bad weather but it's a great place.

Looking forward to more pics from you, from there.