Sunday, October 01, 2006

The conference is over

Yep, and I got to do my presentation on blogging at the TESOL Maceonia-Thrace Conference. I have to admit that I was very nervous as the possibilities of thing going pear shaped were very real indeed. So I spent most of the weekend running around making sure I had the right connectors, software, internet cards etc. In the end I think I took with my every plug, adapter and cable known to Man. I probably had enough electronic equipment to hotwire a space shuttle.

In the end it all went off smoothly (well, smoothish, as the internet connection died on me half way through) and I think I gave people a taste of how blogging can be used in teaching foreign languages. So thanks to everyone who turned up. Remember that the blog we set up during the presentation can be used by anyone at anytime.

tesolmacedonia2006.blogspot.com


I also had the chance to check out several talks over the three days but I'll post more about them over the next few days. To tell you the truth I'm exhausted. Once again, congratulations to every at Tesol for organising a great event.















Just one last thing It's my blogiversary today, I started this blog exactly one year ago!!! It's strange how something that started off as a kind of experiment has taken on a life of its own.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad it all went well at the conference.

And a very Happy Blogiversary to you.

Theodora Papapanagiotou said...

You see? You had nothing to worry about your workshop! Happy birthday to your blog!

teacher dude said...

Thanks for your support and I'm going to have to think of a way to celebrate!!!

Claudia Ceraso said...

Happy birthday to your blog!
Thank you so much for including my FCE blog in your handout. I suppose you are enjoying a sense of achievement after so much preparation for the presentation day. I went through that last September (you can see my slides here: http://fceblog.blogspot.com/2006/09/are-you-teacher.html). I can say that I was wondering what my colleagues would think -they are not much into using technology to support teaching. Yet, I must admit I found a lively, curious audience who made lots of interesting questions. One of them went into your blog and then started a photoblog herself- I think your use of images was inspirational.

And yes, I agree with you. It does make you feel strange to see how a blog can take a life of its own and sort of network on its own as well. Now...Isn't that the very nature of blogging?

teacher dude said...

Thanks Claudia for your comments. Most of my colleaues are wary of technology as well, still they're slowly starting to come around.

I was just looking at your slides and it seems we both approached the subject in the same way.Although I think mine is a more basic version

I was glad to hear that this blog has inspired somebody to take up blogging, that's what it's all about.

Good luck with your next presentation.

melusina said...

Congrats on the conference going well, and happy blogiversary!

teacher dude said...

Thanks Mel for your support.