Monday, August 07, 2006

We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto


Sometimes it's the little things that bring home to you the fact that you're living a completely different life when you live abroad. For instance, I asked my daughter what she wanted to have when I took her out to eat. As quick as a flash she replied, "octopus and fish (meaning grilled sardines)".

I just try to imagine my seven - year old self saying such a thing. No, it just doesn't come. Fish fingers were about as exotic as it got.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fish Fingers !!!! LOL. I am exactly the same. When my son ate fish cheeks in front of his cousins they almost died on the spot.....

teacher dude said...

When we went back to England, her cousins wouldn't anything but chips and chicken twizzle sticks, ,while she chowed down on baked salmon, various salads and boiled new potatoes.